While scrolling our social media platforms, do we stop to read the captions or prefer to watch videos instead of conveying the same information? Videos are very convenient and also memorable when it comes to targeting an audience in today’s era. If the future is video then the future is our present. Video marketing is our present and it is also called forward-facing, a marketing strategy that is a modern strategy. It can be used at every step of the business. Want to explain a strategy to dealers? Want to promote your product? Want to target a specific audience? Video content is the solution. Everything we see or use around us today is in some form of videos.
- In a research study conducted by Hubspot, 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool and 78% of people watch videos online every week.
- But some might still have doubts about the worth of the investment involved. Is it worth it? I would say it is 100% worth it. Video is the most adaptable and sound digital marketing tool out there.
- Beyond its uniqueness, it is easy to track the engagement on videos and it opens up the platforms, you can promote it on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, etc.
- Talking about youtube, it reaches 18-49 years old daily and 64% of users are likely to purchase the product online.
- Not only this, youtube shows exactly what a user is looking for on other sites, by which conversion rate can go up to 80% on the landing page.
- Good marketing is always about delivering the right content at the right time. Exactly, “right content” means content that can help your business grow with the tools and techniques of today’s modern era.
Ways videos used in marketing campaigns:
- Shoppable Videos: It is the swipe up link or link within a video we get to directly visit the site. A lot of e-commerce sites as well as small enterprises via Instagram and Facebook.
- 360° Videos: We have started experiencing this feature a lot here and there in many brands such as Samsung, Oreo, BMW, etc. Many brands have also launched their own VR campaigns that help customers to get a better experience of their product virtually.
- Vlogging: Watching vlogs is basically our routine. Food vlogs, Tourism vlogs, Family vlogs, etc. are some of the examples. Brands have approached a very innovative way to promote their products via vloggers that is sponsorship. If a video is sponsored by say X brand, vlogger will have to mention it and basically show its advantages to their audience
- Training and educational videos: We have seen a drastic rise in classes and courses conducted online this year. These are a great way to learn as well as reach customers by conducting workshops or webinars to talk about the product or brand. It is a very effective approach for new businesses.
- Stories- Stories on social media platforms is not a new feature. It was first introduced by Snapchat. Now, every social media platform provides such a feature which had become a big part of our leisure time. We see promoted stories on Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook every day and reach out to them with their easily accessible ‘Swipe Up’ links.
Reasons to make use of video as a marketing tool:
- Conversion and Sales: Video can lead to direct sales. Vision is our most dominant sense that is why it works 74% of the time, shows a study. A well-explained video can convert 74% of the potential to lead customers.
- Time convenient: Today no one has time to read content so a video is a better way to convey huge information in a shorter period of time.
- Trust: Yes, it is correct, a video can build trust. Documentaries, vlogs, live videos, and sponsorships can actually make the audience feel connected to the brand they love.
- Google and Videos: Google owns Youtube and youtube is all about videos. Videos increase audience time spent on Google and Google supports it. There are chances of your site appearing at the top due to its engaging videos.
- Analytics: Know your views, engagement, shares, likes, and comments, analytics will tell you all. It is very convenient and helpful as it helps you plan your future campaign.
Now, get on board and start producing a video for your campaign. You no longer should ponder on the idea, adopt it. There are ample ideas to choose from and let your brand known to the world. Start creating and promoting!